iTunes blaring rock into the buds of my headphones, computer monitor lighting the 'room', and eyelids held open due to the everlasting ambition of a night yet to be conquered. Sleep comes at the end when it can no longer be avoided. I will rest when I need to, but the time to reflect upon everything that is going on sure seems to be few and far between. There never seems to be enough time in a day to do exactly what I want, so the night gets stretched to far limits of productivity. Many things are on the horizon and it's an exciting time. But when does my own life begin to fit into the equation?
Music can be more nostalgic than any tangible item. Old music can bring back a thousand ideas and emotions in a second. It's (almost) crazy that I can remember where I purchased most of the music that I own, and can link the times I listened to those particular albums with what was going on around me at the time. My life has a soundtrack, but fortunately I am in control of the songs that are being played. Creativity ceases to exist without surrounding aural stimulation. Music motivates me to do everything that I do in life. I wonder if there is a reason that I am constantly seeking out new music to add to the ever-lasting Personal Soundtrack?
Sleep? No. I survived Y2k, what have you done lately?
(Listening to Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People)

