Friday, December 18, 2009

My personal top 20 albums of the Decade


I started this decade at the age of 16 and am leaving it at 26. In these 10 years I grew up with a lot of different music as my tastes evolved. Looking at back, it was fun to see all of the records I bought and what really stood out over all of these years. Some of these albums I loved right away, while others have proven themselves to me over time.

Mew are one of my favorite bands of all time. While I love every single record they've put out, Frengers was the first one I heard (back in 2005) and has stuck with me every since. The opening track immediately hit me with everything I love about music. This album is flawless and definitely the best of the last 10 years.

TOP 20 ALBUMS OF THE DECADE
by. Paul Koehler

01. Mew - Frengers
02. Arcade Fire - Funeral
03. Broken Social Scene - You Forgot it in People
04. Radiohead - Kid A
05. Cave In - Jupiter
06. Daft Punk - Discovery
07. Wilco - Yankee Foxtrot Hotel
08. Animal Collective - Feels
09. The National - Alligator
10. Interpol - Turn off the Bright Lights
11. Sufjan Stevens - Come on feel the Illinoise
12. Converge - Jane Doe
13. Hayden - Skyscraper National Park
14. At the Drive-in - Relationship of Command
15. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
16. Pinback - Blue Screen Life
17. ISIS - Panopticon
18. American Nightmare - Background Music
19. Elliott - False Cathedrals
20. Stars - Set Yourself on Fire