
I bought a lot of records this year and I also saw a lot of bands (in between all of my touring). Hands down, Dirty Projectors blew me away with their latest album and their incredibly polished live show. It's really hard to summarize all of the incredible music that came out of 2009, but below is my attempt to organize it in order of what I thought. Bring on the next decade:
Paul Koehler's Top 10 Albums of 2009
1. Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
2. Mount Eerie - Wind's Poem
3. Mew - No More Stories
4. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
5. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
6. Converge - Axe to Fall
7. Japandroids - Post-Nothing
8. Propagandhi - Supporting Caste
9. Russian Circles - Geneva
10. Silversun Pickups - Swoon
Honorable Mentions:
Dan Deacon - Bromst
Health - Get Color
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Self Titled
Passion Pit - Manners
The Temper Trap - Conditions
The Twilight Sad - Forget the Night Ahead
Wilco - The Album

