Thursday, April 10, 2008

Get fucking real.

Company mergers, down-sizing, profit losses, cutbacks, pirating, etc. - all available in the new video game, "Record Label"!  In a marketplace where record labels are becoming more extinct, I think it would only make more sense to create a game called "D.I.Y. Band"/"Punk Band" (it has a decent ring to it) or something more relevant.  They might as well create a game called "My Pet Dinosaur" and base it on the hypothetical raising of dinosaurs in modern society (ie. not relevant or possible).  I really hope that it's impossible to 'beat' the game, just as it's increasingly difficult to sell records in REAL LIFE - for a simulated game, it should be modeled after the real world and not the music industry a decade ago.

I can't get over this quote, 
"...whether you’re paying off DJs under the table for additional radio play, faking your own artists' album reviews, or simply determining what private information you want the spyware on their CDs to collect for you... we guarantee that you’ll be able to experience all the pleasure, satisfaction and unaccountability of being a real-life Sony BMG executive."

Sweet.